How to extend the Part Library
One of the strongest points of BlueBrick is the ease with which the part library can be extended. The Part Library is created when the application starts up, by parsing the files present on your hard-drive. Adding or removing parts is as simple as adding or removing files in the parts folder. If you want to know how to create and add your own parts to BlueBrick, You should follow these steps:
- First take a look at how the parts folder is organized.
- Then create a new picture for your part.
- Optionally you can add a part description file in xml.
- You should read about the "Reload Part Library" feature. This is useful when you are developing new parts.
- Finally, you can also read the documentation on the "Connection Type" configuration file if you want to add your own type of connections.